In this little corner of the world I get lost in creativity; a craft project, an article or just in thought.


Friday, January 31, 2014

Cuckoo Clock Card for Valentine's Day



Have you ever tried using a diecut that you can use to emboss, stencil, and cut?

Well I have finally opened up this cuckoo clock die cut set by spellbinders. It has been sitting on a shelf for a few months. Actually I was avoiding opening this set because of all the little holes in the diecut, I thought it would be frustrating to pop out all little pieces of paper. I was wrong! The holes on the die cut templates are there for embossing.

 
To my surprise I was very happy with this set it cut perfectly and he gave me more options then a plain die cut. 



After the paper shapes are cut, leave the pieces of paper sitting in the frame of the template if you want to emboss them.



After you emboss the cutout, you can stencil the designs in and add some color by lightly brushing an ink pad over the die cut.

 

This type of die cut template was really fun to work with, I would definitely buy more sets of this nature.


Sharing this post with some awesome link parties!


{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\qc\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \ \ \ }

1 comment:

  1. Hi, This is lovely! Stoppin in from blog hop, Lovve the card! Vicki @ Dragonfly Tales
    http://vhale0611.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile when comments are left. I know others love comments as much as I do, so I always like to return the favor!